30-Inch Cinema HD Display alternatives

Reaction score
Our lab is going to buy a new Mac Pro and we need to have a large display to view and edit data etc.

What are the best alternatives (equal or greater quality, less expensive) to the 30-Inch Cinema HD Displays?

I'm sure that this is frequently brought up in the forums but the constant introduction of new monitors may quickly outdate some recommendations.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
The 30" Dell model is highly regarded, it is a fair bit cheaper (no 30" monitor is cheap though) and it is a bit more up-to-date specification wise.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Our lab is going to buy a new Mac Pro and we need to have a large display to view and edit data etc.

What are the best alternatives (equal or greater quality, less expensive) to the 30-Inch Cinema HD Displays?

I'm sure that this is frequently brought up in the forums but the constant introduction of new monitors may quickly outdate some recommendations.

Thanks!

Here's a new 27" display released by Dell...it isn't cheap...but it may work for you depending on your needs/budget:

Dell intros IPS-equipped, high resolution 27" display - TechSpot News

Of course if you don't really need such a large expensive display...there are lots of nice 24" displays out there at MUCH lower prices.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
I have suggested the possibility of purchasing two 24-inch displays for the same price of a single 30-inch display. I have s similar setup and really love the increase in work surface and productivity. However, the lab seems to be set on a single, larger model. I'll mention a 27-inch size on Monday and see what they think.

Thanks.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have suggested the possibility of purchasing two 24-inch displays for the same price of a single 30-inch display.

I'm not sure what 24" displays you were considering. But I got my HP 24" display (1920 x 1200) for around $200.

You could buy NINE of these 24" displays for the same price as a new Apple 30" display.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.