Opera!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Just downloaded the new Opera 10.5 alpha for OSX.

Would like to let everyone know that it now will support, what I call, the Apple gestures!

It supports the two finger swipe on the magic mouse and the three finger swipe on the new trackpads!!!

Fantastic news for me seeing as I can now use Opera as my main browser!!! :D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I am very impressed so far with the Opera Alpha for OSX. Very fast also. Very close to Webkit in Safari and Chrome. Good job Opera.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I am very impressed so far with the Opera Alpha for OSX. Very fast also. Very close to Webkit in Safari and Chrome. Good job Opera.

Agreed,

Although I would like an option to adjust the way it scrolls.

I am a big fan of the way that Safari, Firefox, and Chrome scroll with the trackpad, but Opera still scrolls as if it were being used by a scroll wheel on a mouse.

I can't wait for the final release of it. =)

Reaction score
Was fed up with waiting for Mac touchpad gesture support.... with Opera 10.1 - so finally installed Better Touch Tool (free) and very very quickly got the gestures available (for now, i've just set it up for 3 finger up/down for swap tabs left/right and 3 finger left/right for back/forward through a page.....). Fabulous freeware.....

Coops

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.