Wireless to my TV

Reaction score
Is there way using my AT&T wireless network to display presentations from my Macbook onto a TV set connected to the the same network without connecting wires from the router to the TV?
If not, is there a way of utilizing a bluetooth device to communicate wirelessly with my computer compatible TV?
Thank you in advance for considering my questions.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Your TV is already on the network correct? If so, I suspect there is a setting on the TV that needs to be activated. What model TV is it. That might help us identify the issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Am I the only person here who's heard of AppleTV?

I'd be willing to bet the majority of people who look for these type of solutions are not willing to pay Apple TV prices and just don't want or need another device. I can't blame them, I wouldn't either. :)

OP
R
Reaction score
Samsung series 5 540
Yes it's on the network. TV signal is via wired connection from the router to the receiver box. TV is compatible (wired) for use as a computer monitor and has usb ports for memory sticks. I just thought it would be easier to do things wireless if possible.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Since your TV is already connected to the network it should be possible to do what you want. Someone may suggest I better way but my first instinct says use a second router. Place the second router near the TY and connect a short cable to that router. In the setup for that router you would need to set it top extend your existing wireless network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.