Quick question concerning basic web graphics design

Reaction score
I want to be able to create some simple web graphics/icons on my macbook. I've searched but can't find much useful information, so I thought I'd ask the experts here.

What the best/easiest way to be able to turn out some unique, original cartoon type graphics? What software would you recommend?

Do I need a drawing tablet?

Thanks

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
A pencil, pen, scanner, and Gimp. ( Google it I'm lazy to do a link to it. ) >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
As above really, GIMP is a great package and if you start off with it you can create some really really good graphics.

I personally tried it out, whilst it is powerful I used Ps for years prior so found it in a way difficult to use as it was a big change however, if you learn from scratch I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Can't help regarding graphics forums though...

OP
B
Reaction score
I actually have GIMP from a while back, I remember it boasted a bit of a learning curve. Not that I have a problem putting time and effort in, I was just hoping there would be an alternative to learning a program that complex for some very basic 2D type graphics.

But I will revisit that option, thanks for the advice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.