Anyone have Aperture 3 experiences?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
I currently have Aperture 2 and love it. From what I've read on the Apple website, and from what I've seen people saying, it sounds amazing. I don't have a massive library at the moment, but I expect it to grow quickly. I've got a MBP (Sept. 2009), 2.53 processor, and 4GB RAM.

Can anyone reccomend it or provide any opinions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP
I just installed it last night but haven't had a chance to explore it much. I've been a Photoshop kind of guy. I tried Aperture 2 but went back to Photoshop just because it was more familiar to me.
I'd also like to hear some opinions, rants and raves, about A3.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I currently have Aperture 2 and love it. From what I've read on the Apple website, and from what I've seen people saying, it sounds amazing. I don't have a massive library at the moment, but I expect it to grow quickly. I've got a MBP (Sept. 2009), 2.53 processor, and 4GB RAM.

Can anyone reccomend it or provide any opinions?

Wasn't Aperture 3 just released like 2-3 days ago? Maybe it's a little early to ask for recommendations or opinions so soon.

Just a thought,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP
I'm currently importing my iPhoto library. Pretty slick so far. Reading through the list of 200+ New Features has me sold already. lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2 gHz Dual Core
I love to Flickr and Facebook integration - so far I'm leaning towards this over LR2

C

chas_m

I just installed it last night but haven't had a chance to explore it much. I've been a Photoshop kind of guy. I tried Aperture 2 but went back to Photoshop just because it was more familiar to me.

Neither Aperture nor Lightroom are intended to replace Photoshop. They are intended to complement it as kind of an add-on image management and light touch-up solution.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
As Chas had said Aperture and Lightroom are mainly used to organise and sort your photos and the built in RAW processor means you can do a lot in one app.

If you want to start manipulating an image (add objects, change skies etc) then you would use Photoshop after you've post-processed the photo in either app.

I find myself using Photoshop less with Lightroom as almost everything you need can be done with the RAW processor and the built in tools.

Downloading the trial for Aperture 3 at the moment, I am hoping it is 64-bit and runs faster than Lr 2.6 as it seems a little sluggish at times. Not sure Aperture can offer the same feature set as Lr yet but I hope so as I would rather use the Apple app. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid'09 MBP; 2.53GHz; 8GB RAM; OS X 10.8.2 | 2G iPod Touch 32GB | iPhone 5 iOS 7.1 16GB | iPad Air
I love to Flickr and Facebook integration - so far I'm leaning towards this over LR2
I was actually very disappointed with the flickr integration, since it exports whole sets only (even if you export only one image, it automatically creates a set on flickr for it).

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
I am loving it. I have pretty much switched from LR2. I need to get on a shot so that I can test it for real.

OP
Corbab
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
Wasn't Aperture 3 just released like 2-3 days ago? Maybe it's a little early to ask for recommendations or opinions so soon.

Just a thought,

- Nick

Just a thought, I was hoping for first impressions or some big pros/cons.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.