can iphoto view photos from an external hd?

J

JonnyG100

Hi all,

I just did an archive and install with Tiger--yay! so i moved my archive folder onto an external harddrive. In iphoto, can I simply view my photos from the external hd, or do I have to bring all of the photos back onto my main hard drive if i want to see them in iphoto? basically, how do I indicate my source for my photos in iphoto? it's much easier in itunes...prefs-->advanced. is there something equivalent in iphoto?

Thanks!

Jon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Alt/Option + Click on iPhoto and a popup will come up and let you select a library

Just select the archived library and you are good to go

OP
J

JonnyG100

I held the alt/option key and clicked on the iphoto icon in the dock to open it. nothing happened. Is there another way to do it?

Thanks,

Jon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Try it again because you should get this window to come up which is the only way to do it

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
So I just tried this method and got to the "choose a library", then went through that, selected the external drive, but as soon as I got to "Open" (which I assume was the last step), it just wouldn't allow me to click that button, and that's where it kept me.

Thoughts? Advice?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.