Exporting e-mail contacts

Reaction score
Is there a way to export names and e-mail addresses from Address Book that can be opened by or imported into excel or a tab-delineated file? I exported vCards but couldn't seem to work with them in any of my other programs.

OP
C
Reaction score
Okay, I figured it out myself. First, open your address book, go to the directory you want to export from. Select all the people from the Name window, copy, and past into an excel column. Now, for the e-mail addresses for those people, open a new mail message, and paste all those names into the body of the e-mail message. That should give you all the e-mail addresses. Select all and copy that file, paste it into a Word document (or equivalent), and do a search and replace to eliminate the comma space and replace with paragraph, to give you one long column of e-mail addresses. Then copy that, open the spreadsheet, and paste the e-mail addresses into the column next to the names. It should all come out even at the bottom. Good luck! — cranwinks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.