I need to install a secondary operating system

R

Renouf

I have installed a second hard drive (Maxtor diamondmax 9 160GB) on which I am trying to install a version of Panther. However this is proving to be more difficult because my powermac G5 came with Tiger, and although the new harddrive is recognized by the system when I insert the panther disk it will not let me begin the install. How can I install panther on this new drive. Can anyone Please Help!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I don't believe you can install Panther after Tiger. You would have to start over with Panther and then install Tiger

OP
R

Renouf

Is it a safe process to unistall tiger then reinstall panther first. Can it be damaging to my mac at all. Thanks

Reaction score
I was having problem with downloads with tiger so I switched back to panther by erase all (I backed up everything first). I installed Panther set the settings on there, then reinstalled Tiger. So it's possible ...............by the way my problems with downloading third party software seems to be corrected also. ;)

OP
R

Renouf

If I did unistall tiger, would it be possible to install panther straight to my slave drive or would I have to put it on the master. Thanks

Reaction score
When installing it asks for location, so I would assume if it wasn't ok it would pobably tell you. ......but we all know what ***-u-me does to people lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.