Need help with bootcamp

Reaction score
so i tryed to install windows xp on bootcamp and i think i didnt burn the disk correctly so now every time i turn on my mbp it says no bootable device found (or something similar)

i have to hold the alt key and select macintosh hd inorder to acces my mac on boot.

is there a way of making my mac turn on like it used to? please help

thanks, josh

Reaction score
so i tryed to install windows xp on bootcamp and i think i didnt burn the disk correctly so now every time i turn on my mbp it says no bootable device found (or something similar)

i have to hold the alt key and select macintosh hd inorder to acces my mac on boot.

is there a way of making my mac turn on like it used to? please help

thanks, josh

System Preferences > System > Startup Disk

Select Macintosh HD (or whatever it is).

Wish I could help you on the bootcamp problem. It works fine for me but it was already installed when I bought my computer.

Out of curiosity, can you at least view what's in the bootcamp partition after your in OSX?

If you can, it installed the OS but didnt make it bootable for some reason.

OP
M
Reaction score
in startup disks there are only macintosh hd and network i clicked mac hd and it seems to be fine now lol thought id tried that obviusly not

cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.