Help! Mouse stopped working on Mac Mini

Reaction score
Hi, as per title, my mouse has stopped responding.

I can't move the cursor at all, the only thing that works (intermittently) is the right click.

It's not the mouse as I have it working on another computer, and I've tried another mouse on the mac, same problem.

It did it yesterday for a minute and then worked again, but it's been broken all day today and I can't figure out what to do.

Help! (please :D)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Try going to (user)/Library/Preferences/ and delete the com.apple.mmouse.plist file. Then reboot the Mac.

PS: Hum .... sorry, I just realized that without the mouse you will have a hard time doing that. Try booting the Mac with no mouse. It will prompt you to add a mouse. Maybe that will get it working temporarily. Try a different USB port. Try a wireless or bluetooth mouse. Boot from your install disc and see if that allows you to use the mouse. When you get a mouse, try what I suggested.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks. There doesn't seem to be any such file though?

It's happened again this morning, although its working now. The mouse seems like it's doing something though, as if I sleep the computer with the button it instantly wakes up again, and occasionally the cursor flickers around and selects something.

Incidentally, sleeping and waking the computer a few times seemed to make it work. Don't know what I'll do if it doesn't though, anyone got any ideas for a permanent fix?

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.