tiger and ibook

T

thesatelliteguy

Hi there,
I'm thinking of buying a 12 inch ibook this or next week sometime. I'd just like to confirm something. Does the ibook come with tiger? on the apple website it says wit comes with panther but I don't really want panther. Thanks in advance.

Satelliteguy

OP
T

Tel

I bought my 12" iBook a couple of weeks ago, it came with Panther already installed but also came witht the Tiger disk, I installed Tiger almost straight away, I also found the Panther disk in the box too.

I bought mine straight from Apple's online UK store.

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

yes... every single NEW computer that you get from apple will have tiger installed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
if you were to order it today, you would have tiger and ilife 05 on the computer.

Reaction score
be awesome if apple installed tiger on my ibook since im in sending it in for repairs, they told me im still under the 90 day warranty :) I would love apple forever if they did that lol who knows dreams do come true :)

OP
T

thesatelliteguy

Well I just bought my ibook 12 and it came with panther installed on it but it came with the tiger disk and I installed it imediately. I'm guessing apple just threw the disks in because the computer must of been preloaded with panther just before tiger came out.

Satelliteguy

OP
J

JSchultz

Interesting.

I just got back from the Apple Store and purchased a new powerbook, and it booted to Tiger.

You might have had a piece in stock that was pre-april 29th.

OP
B

BrianH

Wait to buy the Ibook. Give it another few weeks at least until WWDC, the apple developer conference. The Ibook hasnt been updated in over 200 days which is way past average and they were sure to be updated soon. Also, Tiger really needs the 64mb video, and the ibook is only being supplied with 32mbApple knows this so expect something real soon, because everyone will be looking for a notebook during the "back to school days".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.