Connect 360 Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB
I bought Connect 360 so I could stream some of my projects onto my Xbox. However it seems that my Xbox will freeze everytime it tries to access one of the files (I think all I have are .avi's so I'm not sure if it's ANY video file or just those).

Does anybody know why this happens and maybe how to fix it? I'll go to open a video and the top of the TV screen shows that the Xbox is "opening" it but then it freezes after about a minute and I have to shut it off manually.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Reaction score
Hi

I am having exactly the same issue. I've been using Connect360 for a LONG time and as of Tuesday whenever I try to watch any video clips I get the black screen with the 'loading' bar at the top. If I leave it like that after a few minutes I get an error that the connection to the computer was lost.

I have tried video clips that I know work fine because I have watched them before, and none of them work. The 360 will play music files without any issues, it's only the videos that are screwed up.

If you (or indeed anybody else) has worked out what this issue is and how to fix it could the please let me know?

Many thanks.

Reaction score
Bit more info on this one for anybody that might be able to help.

When browsing the videos on the 360 it is no longer showing the small video icon to the left of each filename (that indicates that it's a video file), nor is it showing the thumbnail preview image on the right hand side of the screen.

I have emailed nullriver technical support but am not expecting to hear back from them any time soon so any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Thanks McYukon I gave that software a try and it worked without any issues - went back to Connect360 again and it was still broken, so at least I know it's a Connect360 problem rather than some general issue with my network.

I would rather avoid buying Playback if at all possible because I've already paid for licenses for Connect360 and MediaLink (does the same thing but on a PS3) so I'd rather not have to pay again but if I can't get any joy from Connect360 in the next few days then I'll definitely cough up the cash for Playback instead.

Still open to any suggestions as to what may have gone wrong with Connect360 on my mac - anybody have any ideas?

Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Have you tried to contacting them?
Nullriver Software : Support : Contact Us
In their support page I fond a Crashing/Freezing question and the answer said to contact them.
It might be worth a try as they would know best what the problem could be.

Reaction score
I have already sent Nullriver an email detailing the problem and asking for help - didn't really make that clear in my previous post did I, sorry. However in my experience of dealing with them in the past you generally never hear anything back from them, so I'm not holding out much hope.

Reaction score
Unsurprisingly still no response whatsoever from Nullriver.

One person has suggested that it could be an issue with my available LAN bandwidth, because the 360 has a habit of locking up in this fashion if it doesn't receive enough data to begin playback within a certain period of time.

Does anyone know a way that I can see the bandwidth usage on my LAN so I can see if there is something going on that is causing any issues?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
It seems the developers of connect360 don't update the software anymore.
Since of 2008 there hasn't been a single update and in the comments people seem to be very disappointed by it.

You can monitor the bandwidth with iStat Menus, a Mac app by iSlayer.
However, this monitors all bandwidth usage not just the LAN network.

Reaction score
I'm sure that there have been a couple of updates over the last 2 years for Connect360 but could be wrong. Nullriver certainly still update MediaLink which does the same thing but for PS3.

I'll give that iStat a try when I get home from work later - thanks for the link!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.