• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

150 dollar rebate on iMac, PM, PB - 100 on iBook

E

EvoMac

This article is from MacinTouch.com, I saw a couple people posting recently about purchasing a new Mac. If you are not eligble for student or gov discount this might be the best deal out there.

Amazon Update

Amazon has a new Mac Rebate this morning Rebate Form that saves you $150 on new iMac G5's and $200 on Power Mac G5's, $150 on PowerBooks and $100 on iBooks!
iPods and Cinema Displays are on sale at the moment, and Amazon has excellent pricing on Tiger, including Server and Family Pack versions. Note: Be sure to select "Amazon.com", if there are multiple "Buying Options", to validate Amazon rebates for the best discount.)
Please remember that all purchases via our Amazon links simultaneously provide critical support to the MacInTouch web site, which is what keeps it going!
[Prices checked 08:10 EDT, May 20]

# 20" iMac G5 2GHz: $1644.99 w/ rebate
# 12" iBook G4: $899.99 w/ rebate
# 12" PowerBook 1.5GHz: $1349.99 w/ rebate

# 20" Cinema Display: $759.95

# 20GB iPod $284.99
# 30GB iPod Photo $331.55
# iPod 4GB Mini Blue Pink Silver Green $189.05
# iPod 6GB Mini Blue Pink Silver Green $236.55

# Mac OS X "Tiger": $93.99 w/ rebate
# Tiger Family Pack: $147.99 w/ rebate

# iLife '05: $70.99
# iLife Family Pack: $87.99
# Norton AntiVirus 10: $34.99 w/ rebate
# Office 2004 ("Student/Teacher"): $139.99 [3 licenses]
# Photoshop CS2 upgrade: $147.99
# Adobe CS2 Standard upgrade: $346.99
# Adobe CS2 Premium upgrade: $544.99

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
In many cases, this tops student pricing, as there is no US State sales tax.

I mean, until you declare the sales tax yourself on your return. :mac:

OP
E

EvoMac

technologist said:
In many cases, this tops student pricing, as there is no US State sales tax.

I wasn't 100% sure on the student pricing. I pretty much made a promise to myself not to look @ the student pricing online because what I don't know, well won't make me want to buy cheaper :mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.