Usb keystroke recorder

Reaction score
Hey,
I was wondering if any knew of a program that you can put on a "usb drive" so that when you plug it into a usb port on a mac or pc it records all the keystroke while being undetected and not connected directly to the keyboard.

I know about all the cables and progams that intercept the keystrokes but i want something that does have to run directly on the computer and does have to physically connect to the keyboard.

Also if any knows how to make the program im looking for or has any advice on how to make a program like this it would be greatly appreciate(i have a little experiance in computer programming, but not much).:)

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
OP
D
Reaction score
Oh thanks,
yeah I looked at those sites and they helped a bit.
Thats not really what i was looking for though.
Here ill posted a diagram, to help.

Thanks,
Dan

keylogger.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
usb-install02.jpg You could always try to run a program off of a USB drive but its hit and miss. The links on that page will do every thing you are asking for though. If you use an APP on a usb you still have to have the usb plugged in so I really dont see the difference. But thats up to you.

Good luck
Clay

OP
D
Reaction score
Are you sure you gave me the righ link? The only thing that showed up was a bunch of google search links. Did you have a specific link in mind.
The reason i dont want to hook it to the keyboard is because the device itself would cost me to much money. I also want to just beable to plug it into a port that is not commonly used or easy to see. The keyboards that I'm dealling with are connected to an easy to see port. Also if the cable is to be seen it might be taken away and I won't be able to retreive it, unlike lossing a couple dollar falsh drive with a program on it.

and please check your link, i dont think i completely follow what you showed posted.
Thanks,
Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The link i posted is a link to a google search I ran looking for a device I had hoped would meet your needs. The photo is from one of links on that page.

As for you delima I guess I would try a free or cheap keylogger app downloaded then installed on the USB key instead of you app folder and give it a whirl. I still maintain that If I was the person you wanted to monitor and I saw a usb key on the machine I would sure want to know what was on it but if I saw an "adapter" for a keyboard it probably wouldn't even register.
Again just my thoughts and I hope you find what you are looking for .

Clay

after reading your last post a thought occurred to me...this isnt your computer you are going to trap is it ? Be very careful of others privacy rights thats a slippery slope if ever I have seen one.

OP
D
Reaction score
OK i think i got it.
So found out how to make a keystroke program(because my computer blocked and deleted every program i downloaded). I also figured out how to run my program on the computer from the flash drive using an auto run command I places in the flash drive. I'm still sceptical on the auto run part but I think i'll get it.
I'll keep you updated!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.