Should I take it into an Apple store? MBP wouldn't sleep!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G
So today I closed my computer after a class and usually the apple logo takes a few seconds to dim, but after about 20 seconds it wouldnt turn off. I opened it up and it wasn't sleeping :Oops:, I closed it again, tried a few more times and the same thing happened. I restarted the computer and it seems to work fine now BUT......should i take it in and have them look at it? It is still under the 1 year manufacturer warranty and i don't want to have issues with it later because i was too lazy to get it looked at. But then again if they are just going to say, "oh it was a software issue you resolved it by restarting it have a good day" i dont want to waste my time that way either.

It's a Macbook Pro Unibody and i was doing some reading about the "No sleep when lid is closed" symptom and everyone seems to say it always comes back later.

Thanks for any advice in advance

Reaction score
My thought is that is was a software issue and you resolved it by restarting it. Have a good day. :)

(sorry, could not resist).

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G
My thought is that is was a software issue and you resolved it by restarting it. Have a good day. :)

(sorry, could not resist).

:D HAHA, well I know it sounds silly, I just would feel stupid it it happened again and something needed to be replaced when it was a month out of warrenty, but if it's not something to worry about then i won't worry about it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" (mid-09) | Specs:(2.26Ghz CPU,2gb ram, 160gb HD, Nvidia 9400m 256mb DDR3)
I took my BMP to the Genius Bar for a similar reason. The sleeping indicator light would stay on and my MBP would not sleep.

They deleted the sleep image located in /var/vm, and it seemed to have fixed the problem temporarily. Then they told me that if the issue comes back I had to reinstall OSX 10.6. The problem came back, and since i reinstalled 10.6 the problem has disappeared.

I hope this helps you.

Also if your worried about your MBP failing out of warranty. I suggest you get an AppleCare warranty.

Reaction score
Actually, sometimes my wireless router freezes up and cannot log onto the web. When that happens the whole computer gets sluggish. I end up closing the Macbook and it takes about 20 seconds before it sleeps. That seems to reset everything and it all works fine after that. Could be something that happened with your router?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.