Aperture 3.0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo
Just had to relate this story. I purchased Aperture 2.0 just 3 weeks ago and open my email today and they've released 3.0 >.< dohhhhhhh. So, I call Apple and get a customer service rep on the line and explain my frustration over this. He was very nice and gave me the upgrade for half price. Some times it pays to call and ask.;D

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
That's pretty awesome. ^-^" How does it compare to the older version? I'm thinking about upgrading as well.

OP
FiosFiend
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, not sure. I haven't gotten it yet, this just happened today. I'll report back once I get it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You know I've never used Aperture, how does it stack up to Lightroom?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Let's get this one to the right place, thread moved to Applications forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White Unibody - 2.26GHz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD, 9400M
Aperture 3 is great. I've used aperture 2 for like 1 month, editing and enhancing my photographer's photo's. Aperture 2 was amazing at that. I just edited some pictures yesterday, soon as i got Aperture 3

There's definitely more stuff/extras that comes with Aperture 3, new brushes that enhances some pictures, and also there are some pre-sets that you can use.
My plug-ins won't work though, unless i boot it in 32 bit.

I haven't tried making a slideshow and what not, but there's so many other extras that i have to go through, it's definitely worth the upgrade, (I haven't used LR3 before)

OP
FiosFiend
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I've played with it a bit now. It has many of the features of iPhoto now, like faces, places, etc. It also has many more features than 2.0 had. The retouching tools/brushes are much more detailed very easy to work with. I haven't used lightroom so I really can't compare the two. But so far I really like what I see.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.