Chrome or Safari?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.53, 4gigs RAM, 250hd
I use chrome on my PC's, and was sad when i got my mbp because they didnt' have it for mac. Now they do, and i'm happy. Some webpages don't work on chrome, so i use FF for them, but mainly stick to chrome.

Reaction score
I use Chrome and really like it. It's fast, nice bookmark options, clean appearance. But, I also have to have Firefox to log into my bank account, as Chrome isn't supported on that site, yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP UNI C2D 2.53 4gb
I used Chrome for a while and had a problem where randomly a process called "Google Chrome Helper" would take up about 1 core of resources until i would go to activity monitor and end it. now back to safari

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBPro (mid 2009) 3.06Ghz 8GB RAM 500MB 7200RPM NVIDIA GeForce9400GT 512MB RAM
I use for Chrome for websites that I don't care about blocking ads on and Firefox for others when in OS X. I use IE8 in both my XP and Win 7 VMs. I find Safari to be very poor in usability, design and rendering. I know some people love it but every time I try it I want to close it immediately. Just a personal preference I'd say but Safari would have to change completely for me to use it at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.26 GHz 4GB Memory
Definitely Chrome. I find firefox to be slow on startup and just not a smooth as chrome. Safari would be my second choice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Since reading the replies to this post about using ClickToFlash with Safari, I decided to download it and try it.
Man! My webpages load hella faster now! Even the slowest loading website that I constantly browse all the time loads faster now which is... Mac Forums! (Sorry but it's true) :D
I'm starting to like Safari all over again. lol

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I like Safari - seems well-integrated with the Mac. Will try Chrome for comparison.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Hmmm...

Whenever I use clicktoflash, I go on youtube and the H.264 videos are WAAAAY slower than the flash to load...

Anyone else have this problem or the solution to my problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
There is an option in ClickTo Flash to open the Youtube vids with Quicktime.

C

chas_m

There is an option in ClickTo Flash to open the Youtube vids with Quicktime.

There's also an option to "whitelist" sites in ClickToFlash so it will not block flash from those particular sites.

There is ALSO an HTML5 opt-in beta from Google that has so far worked out BEAUTIFULLY for me and clients who are having issues with Flash (ie everyone).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" uMBP 2.8Ghz 4GB RAM 500GB HDD OS X 10.6
I used Chrome for a while and had a problem where randomly a process called "Google Chrome Helper" would take up about 1 core of resources until i would go to activity monitor and end it. now back to safari

I had the exact issue. My solution was the same also, move back to Safari. I've tried them all (Camino, Omniweb, fluid, chrome, FF, etc.) and ended up back at Safari. Now I learned about ClickToFlash I am liking Safari even more.

Thanks,

Rob.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.66GHz / 4GB / 320GB / Matte 15"
I use the latest builds of these four, in no particular order.

1) Safari w/click to flash
2) Chrome
3) Opera
4) FireFox

Cheers...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
There's also an option to "whitelist" sites in ClickToFlash so it will not block flash from those particular sites.

There is ALSO an HTML5 opt-in beta from Google that has so far worked out BEAUTIFULLY for me and clients who are having issues with Flash (ie everyone).

Thanks for posting that!

So, I've been using Chrome now since the original public beta release for OS X. At first, I liked the performance gains it offered enough to use it primarily over Safari. I have since completely changed to Chrome as my main browser, especially with the new beta that fixed annoying bugs like not being able to change the order of my bookmarks, and the added support for extensions. One click google maps ftw.

Also, the milliseconds saved in browsing aren't psychological. I haven't looked at the numbers to even see if there are supposed to be gains. It is just my experience that it is quicker to load pages that Safari will stall on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.