Strange, to add a ringtone, i have to delete all Music, Movies etc from my iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
What the....

Picture%204.png

Whats the logic?

Reaction score
are you trying to sync just ringtones? if so, you can't. itunes things you want to wipe everything else out. make sure music and videos are also checked to sync.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
correct , unchecking a previously synced item will tell iTunes to delete it from the device. If it didn't work like this it would be a real bummer to take content off of said device.

Clay

OP
MDJCM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
Tad annoying, giving users actual control would be a lot easier. I know theres a lot of muppets with iphones but some of us are clever enough to handle a file system, even if it takes a hidden setting to activate

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
iTunes does give you manual control. You can drag and drop songs, ringtones, music, movies, all you want by simply checking the box next to "Manually manage music and videos"

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
iTunes does give you manual control. You can drag and drop songs, ringtones, music, movies, all you want by simply checking the box next to "Manually manage music and videos"

Very true. I have been doing it for years now both with iPods and now with my iPhone.

OP
MDJCM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD

I seeee, the ringtones heading wasnt available on the iPhone drop down menu until i put a ringtone into the itunes library

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.