Double HD?

Reaction score
Hi

I checked my HD to see how much space was left on a 160G harddrive that came in the emac. it said I only had about 8 gigs left, that seems like very little.

I have a few thousand pictures and about 60 albums of music, so it sems strange it is so full, but maybe not.

So I was thinking about deleting stuff.

I was looking thorough folder of pictures and found a Hard Drive icon and when I opened it, it seems to have everything my hard drive has.

Could have I duplicated the HD and some how got it in a folder of pictures of a car I was selling?

So I moved it into the HD icon itself and it is the same, it appears to be a duplicate.

How do I determine it can be trashed?

Any help would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
If it's an alias, a duplicate, it will have a little arrow in the bottom corner normally. It's safe to trash it if so. If it hasn't then you have other issues.
Quite easily done this, but be careful.

OP
G
Reaction score
I trashed it, thanks.

However it did not free up much space. I was hoping it had double everything and I would not have to deal with deleting things.

but that is the next thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
A few thousand pictures and 60 albums would sure fill it and you do need 15% free space for the eMac to work at iorts maximum. Do not be surpised if you get slowdowns, spinning wheels etc etc and see your other thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.