Just a couple of questions

T

Tel

I looked around shortly for answers, forgive me if I have missed them.

1. I would like a link that explains exactly how secure Mac OS X (Tiger preferably) compared to Windows XP, I want to know what makes it so secure compared to XP if indeed it is more secure, I can't say because I haven't seen any proof yet.

2. In the computer market, be it buisness or personal, what percentage of people use Mac's? Doesn't have to be exact, I just want a rough idea.

Thanks in advance for any help, and thanks for having me, I've only been a Mac user for about a week now but I can safely say that its going to stay as my primary OS for a long, long time.

OP
K

Kokopelli

1) You will be hard pressed to find one that is not biased in one direction or the other. Avoiding the religious debate of whether one is more secure than the other I will point out 4 things you might investigate: Spyware, Viruses, default services, and Administrator Privileges. Properly maintained, I feel that XP is comparable to OS X for security from a practical standpoint. XP does have more eyes on it though and certain poor decisions in its design from a security standpoint. Finally let us not forget that OS X has also made mistakes (the Dashboard fiasco as an example).

2) Between 5 and 7 percent. Highball estimates put it at about 10%.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.