time capsule

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new here and have some questions and can not find the answer;

I have Imac connected with TV option, IPhone and internetstick for internet, now I want to use my airbook to use the internet connection from the Imac and this is not working, can somebody explain me how I should do this.Thank you in advance.

Regards Leon

C

chas_m

What is "an iMac connected with TV option" and an "airbook"? I'm not clear on what exactly you're trying to do.

Did you mean that your only connection to the internet is through a cellular modem connected to the iMac, and you want to set up a wifi network so other devices can access it?

If that's it, then just turn on "Internet Sharing" under "sharing" in the system preferences. That should allow you to create a wifi "hotspot" of limited range using your iMac like a base station.

Be aware that (again) this will have very limited range, and will not be as fast with more devices using the same (slow) connection, but it should work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.