office 2004

Reaction score
Hello,

I am using Microsoft office 2004 on my mac( updated 11.5.7) but when I get powerpoint send from a windows computer the fonts go bizarre the layout is scattered.What do I need to do to fix it right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Do you know what version of PowerPoint for Windows those files are saved in? Perhaps the person on the other end could try saving to other versions, if there are options for that, to see if it helps on your end.

OP
J
Reaction score
Do you know what version of PowerPoint for Windows those files are saved in? Perhaps the person on the other end could try saving to other versions, if there are options for that, to see if it helps on your end.

When i chk the doc for error it says font substitution occurred,thou i chked i have all the required font in my font book...y doesnt office 2004 recognises them? the other person sent it through office 97

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
You could try this...

com.apple.FontBook.plist

Find that file and move it to your Desktop.
(I have OS 10.5.8 and my plist files are in Users/MyUserName/Library/Preferences)
You might need to Restart to allow the OS to make a new plist file in Preferences.
Now try one of those documents.
Fixed?

Have you used the Search tool on Mac-Forums to look for other possible solutions? ...or MRoogle?

C

chas_m

If the person who created the PPT used fonts you don't have, "font substitution" will occur and that can cause problems. Sadly there's no way I'm aware of to easily "search and replace" all instances of a particular (missing) font with one from your own collection. You may need to do that on a slide-by-slide basis.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.