Software for the iBook G4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 1.2ghz / 1.2gb Ram / 30gb HDD / Tiger 10.4 OSX
Hi everyone after swtiching over to my ibook yesterday im sure what software will run on iBook G4 due to still very new to things im working my way round the OS currently any help or sugguestions would be great i have used the search but nothing really related to what can and cant run but i might have missed something while'st doing so.

Laptop spec in sig :)

C

chas_m

First step, I'd update the 10.4 to 10.4.11.

Beyond the (plentiful) software that should have come on your machine, updating to 10.4.11 will allow you the latest iPod, iTunes and Safari updates (as well as security and java updates). This will all be handled by Software Update built into your machine.

Most "on the shelf" Mac software will also run with it too, though more and more of it is going "Leopard or better" these days. The iBook G4, nice though it really is, is coming to the end of its useful life. Considering that the last one rolled off the assembly line five years ago, that's not too bad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I think the best thing for you to do is work out which Apps you want to use and them google them individually.
The reason being you havnt given us anywhere to turn to as we dont know what you would like to run.
HERE is a list of Snowleopard Compatible Apps so go thru that and see what you would like to run then see if you can downgrade to your OS ...
Best ive got for you for now.

Cheers

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 1.2ghz / 1.2gb Ram / 30gb HDD / Tiger 10.4 OSX
Thanks for the reply's guys im just looking for good all round software to begin with for photo's and vids. I have also heard that the IBook G4 can run snow leopard dont know how true it is. Any good links on where to buy software from. I will be looking to upgrade the HDD to pissibly 120gb if it can handle it :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.