streaming video - windows media player

Reaction score
Hi - 1st post and new to macs so please be nice. I have used PC's for many years and decided to move to a 27 imac. Nice. I visit a site that displays webcams city/surf etc. the site supports Windows Media Player only for the display of the streaming video embedded within the webpages. The camera I like to view shows fistral beach in Newquay and is great for checking out the surf. However on my mac it is poor - blocky and sometiomes total green screen. I have downloaded windows media player 9 and flip4mac. Flip is installed. Any ideas how I can improve on this. I still have a PC and the pic is fine on that. Thanks

C

chas_m

If you have Flip4Mac Player installed, you can trash WiMP 9 -- it's obsolete.

I visited the site myself and you're right -- it's a complete mess.

MS has chosen not to make the latest WMV technology available on Macs yet. Blame them. You might also drop a note to the Flip4Mac people citing the URL, perhaps that will help.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for that appreciate you taking the time. Glad it's not me. Will drop a note to Flip4mac as suggested

Regards

G

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I would also recommend installing Perian and VLC Media Player, both of which will make numerous commonly used codecs available.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.