iChat won't sign in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
Simple problem, I can't sign in. I have it set to autmatically login (and always have done) so the password and username are just fine but when I go to make myself available it doesn't work. On the iChat contact list it'll briefly flash up "connecting" and then disappear again being replaced with the depressing "offline" status.

It's been like it all day and I've not seen anyone else complaining so I'm assuming it's a problem my side. Any ideas what to do? I'm running 10.4.1.

OP
edgefusion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just setup a jabber account to connect to MSN and it does the exact same thing so it's definitely a problem my end.

But what...

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
It happened to me a couple of days ago, but only for 15 minutes. I think the problem is on aol's side, not you. I signed in once, all my contacts were gone, yet it said I was connected yet I was not, because the aim checker online said that I was not online. Aim is working at the moment from what I can see. Maybe, there is another aol server you could try out. This is the server configuration on my end, maybe you could change yours, if it is different. You'll need to be logged out to change the server settings in iChat or whatever program you use.

aim.png

OP
edgefusion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's exactly the same as mine, except mine won't work.

D

delay

This happened to me. The only way I could get it to work was not to login to jabber or bonjour. Only login into .mac or aim. If you have any others also logging in it won't work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.