Need Help!!! Problem connecting to internet through Airport.

Reaction score
Probably a really common problem but i've searched the web and all of the help programs but cant seem to find the answer.

So, the problem...

I needed to move my base station/router and unplugged it from power whilst i was still using the internet. The internet dissconnected itsself and when i plugged the router in again the airport found the connection and the status is 'connected' but when i try to access the internet through Firefox or Safari there is a connection problem. I have tries a Network Diagnostic but this cannot find the problem. I have tried resetting the router, turning on and off the router and computer etc but nothing seems to work. The strange thing is my computer recognises the connection and the airport is found and connected.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Try this...

Open System Preferences => Network => click AirPort in the left window pane => Click the Advanced button => Click the AirPort tab => find your network in the list, click to highlight it and then click the "-" (minus) button to remove the connection.

Once that's done, reconnect to your network. You may have to re-enter your password.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.