Cracks in NEW Unibody white Macbook

Reaction score
just came across the problem of the two halves of my unibody not sitting flush and on closer inspection noticed that there were two hairline cracks running from either corner on the hinge, my mac is only 5 months old now any help in how to take this issue further would be much appreciated, thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
You are still under warranty.... Go to Apple and have them rectify the problem.... with a pleasant manner of coarse :)

Reaction score
Unibody DOES crack

My macbook white unibody cracked 4 months after i bought it (left side of track pad, side of charger port, and a bit on the front logo) Crack on the charger port cause it to sometimes 'not charge' until i fidget it. Went to genius bar 3 times but all rejected my claim and say it's my fault. I swear i didn't drop it or anything. I even use it more carefully than average users. So disappointed. :(

So yeah...everyone...the new unibody DOES crack. That's why they don't sell White Macs now. Hope they have responsibility for it tho :(

Reaction score
Cracks in new unibody macbook

I got my white, unibody macbook in January 2010. I have a crack on both sides by the hinge. I also just noticed a small crack stemming from the side and up towards the keyboard, it begins near where the power cord attaches. I've taken great care with this computer so I hope these won't become major issues.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.