Bluetooth Keyboard Shortcut?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, iPod Touch 32g, White Macbook, ATV2, iPad 32g, iPhone 4
I recently purchased and installed the Magic Mouse, and I love it. Yesterday afternoon, I accidentally turned the bluetooth connectivity "off" on my desktop, rendering my Magic Mouse useless, and my screen frozen in time. :Confused:
Fortunately, I still had my old wired mac mouse, so I was able to plug it in and turn the BT back on.

Is there a keyboard shortcut to toggle BT on and off?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
This is a guote from apple support discussions . I am taking no credit for this and thank the poster for hes idea. With that said:

"While not a shortcut, you can turn on Keyboard Navigation in the Keyboard and Mouse prefpane. Select the Items you want to access with the keyboard. By default, menu extras are ctrl+F8.

If you put the bluetooth menu extra on the left, it will be the first to activate, otherwise, you'll have to arrow (or tab) over to it. Once activated, you can start typing the name of the command.
So, if it is on the left, you can ctrl+F8, T, Enter (or space). "

To keep it in context here is the whole thread:http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1418473&tstart=0

Hope this helps
Clay

OP
Will1960
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, iPod Touch 32g, White Macbook, ATV2, iPad 32g, iPhone 4
Thanks for the info Clay. I read through the thread you linked to, and it seems as if there is a lot of difference of opinion. I think the fix will be to keep my old original wired mouse in my desk drawer :) And to NOT turn the BT off again !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.