• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Cell Phone Companiew

S

Steel02001

Cell Phone Companies & Computers

Well, I am with sprint and I hate them as of this minute. All day I have been trying to set up things to where I can connect my powerbook to my phone and use my phone as a modem. Basically, it can't be done unless I go through tons of red tape with sprint. I hate them. And I am pissed.

Do other people have this same problem?

Does anyone else connect their computer to their phone for internet purposes occasianally?

Am I stupid?

Sheesh, I now officially hate all phone companies except for cingular, and possibly t-mobile because they seem to be the only people who realize that maybe, just maybe, people should be able to use their phones for things other than calling people. Like connecting to a computer and using it as a modem.

Ok Ok, I realize this was a little venting but there are questions in their too.

OP
B

Brigrat

First of all. Sprint has the best data plans available.

It is very simple to connect your phone to your laptop. as long as you have a vision capable phone that supports DUN (dial up networking). Most Sanyo's (except the 5600), and the majority of Samsungs are DUN capable.

Sprint does not officially support "tethering" and connecting your phone to your lap top techincally violates your terms of service, however; Sprint never enforces this policy. If you are trying to get help with this form Sprint, you are up a creek, because Sprints Customer service is generally clueless, and since they technically do not support this feature, they will not be able to help you.

OSX actuallly has a sprint vision driver built in to it, all you have to do is set up a new profile with #777 as the phone number, and the password blank. I do this all the time, and have been for years.

What phone do you have? That very well could be your problem. If you really want help with this, go to www.sprintusers.com or www.howardforums.com Please do a search before you ask for help, as most questions have been answered a thousand times, and are probably already addressed in the FAQ sections. If you are still up a creek PM me, and I'll see if I can help. I am a long time Sprint fan, and have worked through a number of struggles.

Good luck.

OP
S

Steel02001

Evomac, ya, I remember that post and actually posted in it a few times and I might switch as well.

Brigat - i pm'ed you.

OP
B

Brigrat

I replied to your PM, I hope I was able to help, if not, PM me again, and I'll see what I can do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
ive had...
cingular, and hated them
sprint, they were decent
US Cellular, great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7
Were not in Kansas anymore toto.....Us cellular :D

Im happy with sprint too. Sprintusers.com is actually a cool site, in a nerdy sort of way

OP
E

embries

love my sprint. Sold consumer electronics for the last 7 years and I wouldn't have any other cell phone.

OP
S

Steel02001

Icicle said:
Were not in Kansas anymore toto.....Us cellular :D

Im happy with sprint too. Sprintusers.com is actually a cool site, in a nerdy sort of way

I've never heard that one before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7
I was just teasin, thus the smiley :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.