Lacie Porsche Design Hard Drive

R

rosso

Designed by the world-famous Porsche Design, so whats the big deal? Im after a whisper quite external HD and was about to buy one. Are these silent? Does anyone have any experience with them? Thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The LaCie drives are nice. I have one of their Porsche styled 52X CDR/W Firewire drives. It's well built and reliable. I have friends with the Triple Interface HDD and it's a SOLID built HDD, that's for sure, but the thing that sold me is that it performs great! Don't let the Porsche designed case throw you off. It looks nice, but the real reason I bought mine is performance and quality.

OP
M

meatychi

I got the LaCie d2 Hard Drive Extreme with Triple Interface
USB 2.0, FireWire 400, FireWire 800 160GB | 200GB | 250GB
As the ideal portable desktop drive for professional needs such as video, audio, photo imaging and data backup, the LaCie d2 Hard Drive Extreme with Triple Interface reaches a capacity of 250GB, a speed of 800Mbits/s and offers the fastest chipset generation. This powerful drive provides the convenient and universal triple connectivity of USB 2.0, FireWire, and FireWire 800.

Although this is not as portable as the porsche version it runs quite quietly and for £153 you cant complain with that amount of storage.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.