Having problems with browsers (FF, Safari, Opera)

Reaction score
I have a 27 inch iMac, which I recently had to take in for repair of a power supply and logic board after only two months. Now, I am having problems with various browsers.

Firefox blows away all the time when I open it, and sometimes when I do successfully open it.

Safari gives me the "Flash player - Safari Internet Plugin quit unexpectedly"

And Opera crashes too when I go to sites like You Tube. Apparently a Flash problem.

I've Googled these problems, but the links are mostly a year or two old, and the newer ones aren't much help. Anyone? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 10.7.2, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 500GB HD; iPhone 4S 16GB
Have you done a software update recently? Do you have the latest version of Java?

OP
M
Reaction score
I think I have it set to automatically update, and I do recall it was updated fairly recently. Don't know about Java. How do I check?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Have you updated to the newest version of Flash? It sure sounds like you have a bad Flash install if both Safari and Opera are crashing on Flash powered sites.

OP
M
Reaction score
Well, I cleared the cache, and it seems to have fixed the problem with Safari and Opera, but Firefox still crashes. I can't even open it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.