• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple and Fedex any help?

Reaction score
So I ordered a iMac and selected free shipping becuase I was told by apple that it wod be shipped fedex ground. Fedex shows it's Being shipped "fedex home delivery" I did a little research and I'm hearing that home delivery is the worst service and Ill be lucky if I get my mac on time or at all.

Anybody with any experience with "fedex home delivery" ??

I also am reading that you can't arrange a pick up at a fedex location via this method.

Please help tell me my iMac is safe.

Reaction score
My Power Mac last summer was delayed by two weeks past its expected shipping date (the expected shipping date from Adopt A Mac was 4 days ahead of FedEx's shipping expectancy date, and FEx's was two weeks before I actually got my Power Mac).

Ah such is life. Should've gone UPS. They're not too bad (most of the time).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Fedex has last all of my packages that I have had them do. I hope that you have better luck than I do with them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I also am reading that you can't arrange a pick up at a fedex location via this method.

Please help tell me my iMac is safe.

Generally you should be able to pick it up at the fedex, After they have attempted one delivery, I remember back in 2008 I ordered a refurbished iPhone from Apple and they wouldn't let me pick up until a delivery attempt was made.
some kind of security/fraud policy of Apple's.

Keep in mind there has been major snowfall in the northeast U.S. so that will slow things down a bit.

Reaction score
Where are you? I ordered a mac on Friday and it arrived today before noon. I'm in Canada. I selected the free shipping, UPS a certain distance and then FedEx the rest of the way. I've never had any trouble with FedEx.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.