Flash on the iPad... (er..iPhone etc...)

Reaction score
Although I'm somewhat on Apple's side when it comes to excluding Macromedia's FLASH from some Apple devices, i'm wondering how Steve Jobs can suggest that the iPad is the best internet browsing device in light of the fact that the iPad doesn't do FLASH...???

Even in his (Jobs) Keynote he stumbled across a webpage that didn't support the iPad browser (seemingly quite embarrassed by it) with a Blue Lego block 'you don't have the plug in' symbol.

If I were him, I wouldn't have brought out the iPad without some sort of solution to this sorry problem. I think Apple have got to do 'something' to conclude this hole in the internet with or without Flash.

Again, i'm on his side in many ways and understand that plumbing it in to the iPhone/iPodTouch/iPad OS may destroy their battery life, but it still needs fixing or the iPad may become a more mainstream failure than the Cube..! :Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Apple IS doing something, it's pushing for faster HTML5 adoption.

We've had in-depth discussions on this topic already, please do a search and comment in those threads.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.