iWork on iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24 inch/iPhone 3G
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas of how documents would be created/saved on the iPad using the iWork apps. I'm just curious how this will work.

Thanks!!!:D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
We will know a lot more when people actually get to purchase and use the iPad, but my guess is on the 16, 32 or 64 GB memory just like you would on the iPhone/Touch. Docs are usually not very large.

My question which will I am sure be answered when it's in peoples hands is, are they going to add Document Syncing to iTunes along with Music, Pics, Contacts, Etc? That would make it an easy way to get the docs to the Ipad from a computer and back to the computer for say Printing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
are they going to add Document Syncing to iTunes along with Music, Pics, Contacts, Etc? That would make it an easy way to get the docs to the Ipad from a computer and back to the computer for say Printing.

That is a great question/ idea !

C

chas_m

re: Document Syncing -- almost certainly will update iTunes when the iPad is actually shipping.

Regarding stoster1's question: all anyone outside of Apple has to go is the demo we got of iWork at the keynote. If you haven't watched it yet, that's the thing to do.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24 inch/iPhone 3G
re: Document Syncing -- almost certainly will update iTunes when the iPad is actually shipping.

Regarding stoster1's question: all anyone outside of Apple has to go is the demo we got of iWork at the keynote. If you haven't watched it yet, that's the thing to do.

I did watch the Keynote but I don't remember Steve specifically going over how a document, you created on the iPad, would be stored. If it's there then I missed it and I'll have to watch it again.

I can sort of see it being stored like a song or podcast is stored if I downloaded over wifi or 3g and then when I open up the App I would pick the document I wanted to use as if I was picking a song or podcast through the iPod functionality.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.