Making a bootable dvd on mac for windows... URGENT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 Macbook White - 4gb - 250gb. PC - Dell Studio XPS - Intel i7, 6gb, 500gb
Basssiicclly,

I use a windows 7 machine for my main pc, and the new macbook for everything else.

I ****ed up some stuff on my main pc and need to reinstall windows. Ive got the windows ISO file on my macbook, but i cant seem to find a decent tutorial on how to burn it as a bootable dvd so it will work on my windows machine.

Does anyone know how i can go about this? Ive tried Toast 10 Platinum and clone x 3 but to no avail

Please help as ive got loads of work i need to do on that computer...

Reaction score
I just use disk utilities burn image. Toast is a great burning program, are you using it to actually mount the image then burn it? Or are you just burning the image onto a data cd?
steve

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 Macbook White - 4gb - 250gb. PC - Dell Studio XPS - Intel i7, 6gb, 500gb
Thanks for your quick reply steve.

Well i bascially copied the unmounted iso from an external HD to my macbook. And now i need to make that into a bootable dvd for my main pc.

Ive not tried to mount it then burn it, i used toast to burn the iso onto a dvd, but it turned out it wasnt bootable :S

If you've used disk utilities to make a bootable one, could you give me a quick step by step on how its done?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Open disk utility, click on the "burn" icon, select the iso file, then burn it!! All there is to it, if the image is not bootable after that, than you have to make a new iso that IS bootable. Easiest way to do that is download a new ISO.
steve

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.