Adding Additional Ports to Mac OS x 10.6? VUze related question...

Reaction score
Hi there!

Basically, I downloaded VUZE for my Mac so I could download some torrents.

However, my torrents get stuck at a downloading speed of 0! I've checked seeders and etc - over 10, 000 seeds. (I'm downloading Lost).

The problem is my 'NAT Error' or 'Port'
When I test my connection via Vuze it gives me an error saying:

Testing port 49152 ...
NAT Error - Connect attempt to 143.************* (your computer) timed out after 20 seconds. This means your port is probably closed.

I've looked around the net, I can't seem to find a tutorial/guide in how to open the port to allow connections through...

I've checked my firewall, it is allowing all incoming connections to Vuze, Little Snitch is allowing all connections too. Still, some reason it isn't working =[

Please note, I am using a wireless connection and am connected to my Universities wireless network. So I don't have access to the router or it's settings...

But for some reason I think the problem is rather simple... Just can't seem to figure out how to open ports =[

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5' iMac, running Snow Leopard (Upgraded from 17')
I ran VUZE for years and it worked perfectly - since getting the new iMac with Snow Leopard, not so much!

For your problem, have you set a Static IP address? that's usually necessary. Also, you assign ports in vuze for it to use (usually between 45 - 60,000) and have to open the same port on your router -- but if you don't have access to it, I'm not sure how to get around it?!

I also had to 'uncheck' the UPnP in the Preferences>>Plugins tab

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.