disable airport card while in windows?

Reaction score
i have a late 2009 model macbook pro, and im running windows 7 on it.

i found out to disable bluetooth you have to go into device manager and disable the entire device from there.

how about the airport card? im trying to save my batter life, and dont need it to be on. i can just use the ethernet port.

does anyone know how?
and is there an easier way to enable and disable bluetooth and stuff like that without turning the entire device off?

thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, why would you use your machine on battery and have a cable attached to your ethernet port? Kind of difficult to move around with an ethernet cable attached to your machine.... Might as well use the machine on AC if you're going to use ethernet. Leave the airport card on. Even if you turn it off or remove it using the hardware manager in Windows, it still uses a small amount of power.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.