Brought the wife over to the light side

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 4th gen Touch
Some of you may remember about a month ago, I bought a Macbook Pro, based on comments here.

My wife was pretty mad, since we didn't technically "need" a new computer. I was just recovering everything on the old tower PC. But I was fed up and wanted something that just works.

After using mine a few times, she agreed that I was right, waited for a refurbished Macbook Pro to come up on apple.com, and bought one for herself too. Now she is thanking me for "making her get it."

If she can't see that I was right at the time, at least she can admit when she's wrong after the fact. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
at least she can admit when she's wrong after the fact. :D

HAHA do you really thinks she will go that far ? ;P
But well done on the conversion. . . . . . .

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
After using mine a few times, she agreed that I was right, waited for a refurbished Macbook Pro to come up on apple.com, and bought one for herself too. Now she is thanking me for "making her get it."

If she can't see that I was right at the time, at least she can admit when she's wrong after the fact. :D

Congrats. That's a BIG change of opinion!

My wife is always right...and I'm always wrong!;)

If she's right I'm wrong...and if she's wrong I'm wrong...but she's still right!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Sweet...If i would have had a wife that cool I might still have a wife !

Clay

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sweet...If i would have had a wife that cool I might still have a wife !

Clay
Reminds me of the argument I had with my wife this morning...I'm in the "doghouse" at the moment!:(

Of course I was wrong...but then I'm always wrong!;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Reminds me of the argument I had with my wife this morning...I'm in the "doghouse" at the moment!:(

Of course I was wrong...but then I'm always wrong!;)

LOL surely you are used to this by now ?

My ex once told me the only thing I was ever right about was marring her !

Clay

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Well if my Dad weren't such a brand loyalist, I'd be convincing him to switch to Mac, since he already complains about the problems he has with Windows every now and then. And he knocks Mac for being too (insert obscene word followed by an adjective).

I switched to Mac because I've had enough of viruses, trojan horses, worms, attacks, the registry, missing DLL's, corrupted program files, XP, Vista, Windows Live One Care (big mistake) and Windows XP Media Center Edition going corrupt as a whole when upgraded to SP3. I can fix it with a few tools that the OS discs have, but that's a headache for another day.

Hello Mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AlBook G4/1.5Ghz 15" - Pismo 400 Mhz - MacBook 2.26 Ghz
Strangely, this just reminds me why I'm still unattached... ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Dangerous thread title!

If she sees it, it's gonna take you at least an hour to discourse on the difference between light and heavy vs. light and dark! ;)

"You look lovely in that _______, dear."
"It can't make you LOOK fat if you're not. Er, because you're not!"

"But, you love the Mac, right?"

My wife has been a very casual user of computers up until starting some online courses with the aim of getting her Masters in order to boost her retirement income. She is now learning some very basic "ins and outs" of using Finder, Word, various types of attachments to e-mails, etc. I'm the instructor (for the computer stuff, that is). The first lessons did not go well, as I was astounded at her lack of familiarity with "simple" things. Once I realized that up to now, she'd mostly used the Mac for simple e-mail messages to family members, I became much more patient. (I figured she knew more just because her folder has multiple Word and Excel files in it. But, come to think of it, I created a few of those for her!) Now the lessons are ending on a much "lighter" note!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.