G4 iBook Dock and Drop Down Window issues

Reaction score
Recently I noticed that my hard drive was beginning to get full. So I did a search on finder for the largest files. I stumbled upon what looks like a 10gb backup dmg file. When i clicked on it in finder to see what was on it, my Ibook g4 suddenly switched fonts, my dock disappeared and I can't even minimize windows. When I highlight a drop down window for Finder or Edit or anything else on the desktop they just look blank with no selections available. I see that all of my files are here and I can click on a number of things, including disk utility. I repaired my hard drive using the disk utility and I still can't see my dock. Nothings changed. I feel like the dmg file hijacked my desktop but I can't figure out how to get back to my old desktop. Help please.

P.S. I recently downloaded the PPC combo and my dock is still missing. When I go to system preferences the "dock position" doesnt let me select Left, Right or Bottom.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.