What are some good strategy games for Macbook Pro?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 4th gen Touch
I'm not having any delusions of being able to play high-end first person shooters or anything. It would just be nice to have a game or two other than chess. (I love chess though!)

I used to really like Warcraft (the original one)

Ditto with Command & Conquer and Populous. I guess those would run OK on a Macbook Pro. (specs at left)

What do you guys play in this genre that you like?

Where do you get them?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Three of my favorites are Civilization IV, SimCity 4, and Sims 3. All run perfectly on my MBP.

Reaction score
my favourite strategy game ever(which is quite old and should run with no problems)is age od mythology!!
i also like a lot battle for middle earth

OP
JeremyZ
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think I'll get Age of Mythology, Alexandros. I had the same game for my Game Boy DS Lite and really liked it. I take it you didn't have any problems with it? The Amazon reviews from 2006 or so from Mac users said they had problems.

I didn't see a Battle for Middle Earth that claimed to be Mac-compatible.

Reaction score
SC4 is nice, but I don't understand why they're still charging full price for the mac version. It's 7 years old.

OP
JeremyZ
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just received Age of Mythologies yesterday, installed it, and started playing it. It runs fine on my MBP, but it gets hot on my lap!

I'm definitely going to need a proper mouse to play this game, the touchpad isn't cutting muster.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.