New MAC OS Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can assist me with the following.

I have an Alienware M17X laptop and wanted to remove Windows Vista and replace with Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

I have th above OS disk; however, I assume that this is simply an update; therefore can anyone assist me in what would be the correct installation procedure i.e. do I need to install an old OS version of MAC and if so which and where can I get this....then I assume I can upgrade this version to the one purchased?

Any help much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD
What are you hardware specs? A legit copy of OS X will not run on that machine, you will need a hackintosh version

OP
O
Reaction score
Hi, sure a summary is:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9300 2.53GHz / Graphics: 2 x Nvidia GeForce GTX 260M 1GB in SLI

Okay, can you tell me where I can download a good version of hackintosh snow leopard?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mm i dont know if i am actually allowed to do that on this forum, however if you google hackintosh for your system you will get quite a few hits

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can assist me with the following.

I have an Alienware M17X laptop and wanted to remove Windows Vista and replace with Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

I have th above OS disk; however, I assume that this is simply an update; therefore can anyone assist me in what would be the correct installation procedure i.e. do I need to install an old OS version of MAC and if so which and where can I get this....then I assume I can upgrade this version to the one purchased?

Any help much appreciated.

This is not allowed...and this thread will probably be closed shortly!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
OP
O
Reaction score
No probs....I got everything I needed from your last post and OSX 86 is the way forward for me.

Thank you very much for your help - much appreciated :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
No discussion of OSX86 is allowed here at Mac Forums. OSX will not install on so called PC Hardware without breaking copy protection and therefore is against USA law and not allowed here.

Purchase Apple hardware and do it the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.