How to stop these recent files?!?

Reaction score
When you click on the computer tab on top and on the sidebar at tge bottom it says search for then all images all moves and all documents. Why is everything i looked at there? Including email pics how can i stop that??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Go to the menu bar, Finder and Preferences

Options can be turned off and on there.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks but all that does is hide the sidebar items but i do not see an option to stop every pic etc i look at to be saved to my hard drive
i jst looked a pic twice and it showed up twice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
These search for items are history.... so in this instance, in actual fact it's not saving a pic that you looked at twice onto your HD.
You cannot add or delete from these, and should not attempt to.
If seeing it bothers you, just do as louishen advised, and search directly from your home folder.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Those Smart Folder searches as well as a few others are stored in /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/CannedSearches/

Note that this is the Mac's main System folder at the root level of the drive. At the very least removing these searches would make them unavailable to any other user accounts on your system I am not sure what other problems might arise.

Provided for information only. Use at your own risk

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.