Erratic pointer on a Mac Book Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, Intel Core, Duo with 4 Gb 667 Mhz SDRAM
Erratic pointer behaviour.

I have a Macbook Pro, 2.4Ghz, Intel Core, Duo with 4 Gb 667 Mhz SDRAM and Leopard installed.

Every so often and at random times, the pointer starts to behave erratically. It darts around the screen, opening contextual menus, creating new folders , pulling down system menus.

I take my hand off the mouse and it carries on. I have disconnected the mouse, disconnected all peripherals, including hard drives, tablet, printers etc. I have repaired disc permissions, trashed preference panes, and even re-installed the Leopard system software. The problem still persists. Any thoughts?

email: [email protected]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Check if you have the latest firmware update from Apple's site.
Also, even if you are on 10.5.8 try installing THIS
The combo updates are often magic pills for a lot of issues in OS X

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
If u want to keep down your spam quota then good plan to remove your email address. If problem persists then in interests of troubleshooting try plugging in an ext mouse to see if that acts the same way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.