New iBook 466mhz Graphite Clamshell SE

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to share with everyone that I FINALLY purchased a iBook 466mhz Graphite Clamshell SE laptop. I've been lookin' around everywhere, and I finally found one on eBay that appears to be in pristine shape, a good amount of ram, OS X installed with OEM discs, no dead pixels, and a new battery! I'm so happy. I love the shape of these Clamshells and it'll look marvelous just sitting beside my PowerMac G4 Dual 1.25ghz computer!

I'm sure all my peers at school, in the lectures, will just be wondering where I got that laptop from. Anyways, I believe it has 320 RAM and, of course, I'll be upgrading it to a stick of 512 RAM. As it goes for the harddrive, I'll be looking to increase that to more than just the 10Gigs it has. Anyone know what I should be looking for in terms of brand, speed, noise and speed of the harddrive I should get?

I'M SOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drew

J

Jefe3223

glad to hear you like it. I hope it brings you much happiness. Personally I'm not one too knowledgeble on the whole hard drive thing, but i know there are people out here who are. I hope they help you.

S

sonofapplepm

My three year old loves our tagerine 366mhz, 320 ram, and ofcourse the Airport card! Hope you enjoy it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Seagate for the hdd , there the most quiet hard drives that you can find , and they are good quality , also they have great shock protection , i live by seagate hard drives , you can get a nice size for a low price ,

OP
D
Reaction score
Ghostshadow said:
Seagate for the hdd , there the most quiet hard drives that you can find , and they are good quality , also they have great shock protection , i live by seagate hard drives , you can get a nice size for a low price ,

Any particular model or harddrive size and speed you suggest?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
Drew_Ty said:
Any particular model or harddrive size and speed you suggest?
Check out OWC at www.macsales.com They have really good customer service and if you use the configurator on their website it will only show HDs that work with your computer.

good luck. I like the clamshells too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.