• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie PNG Problem I Can't Figure Out

Reaction score
Hi All, been lurking on this site and have always found great info on problems, but I just signed up because I've finally hit one I CANNOT solve, so I'm looking for some expertise. Hopefully someone out there will know what to do before I pull my hair out.

I've place a transparent PNG image in an iMovie clip. It works great, no problems. In the very next abutting clip, I placed another different PNG image. If I drag the cursor over the editing timeline, one PNG transitions perfectly into the other. They swap out right on cue. BUT, if I hit the play button to watch the video, the second PNG is simply the same image as the first only reformatted they way I wanted the second image to appear.

I really hope this makes sense. In the editing icon, my second image shows up. It's almost as if the program is taking the first image and automatically applying it to the second.

It's driving me nuts...there is a another PNG further in the video that's fine. I think it has something to do with them being right next to each other? I've deleted and re-pasted them, but I cannot figure it out.

Thanks so much

Joe

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.