Serious Problems with Airport Router

M

menace3054

So ive been having problems with my router for about a month and a half now, with no resolution in sight. I currently have the Airport Extreme Base station. It all started when my gf's imac would not connect to the router. It would recognize the network, but if you clicked to connect it would give an error "unable to connect to the wireless network". I did a hard reset on the airport, installed updated firmware, did an erase and install on the imac, bought a new airport card for the imac, and still, the same problem persists. My brother's pc, also is unable to connect to the network. It recognizes it, but again, will not connect. My Powermac, however, for some reason, IS able to connect to the network. Took the imac and router to the apple store, left it there for over a week, and they said "router's fine, imac needs a new airport card" ok, well still doesnt work. went back tonight with airport. for some reason, every one of their computers connects to my router fine, just not my pc and not my imac. there are no wireless phones in this part of the house, and the router is in the same room as the computers. what do i do now? they want me to bring the imac back in, because they insist that is where the problem lays. But then why does my PC have the exact same symptoms to the T?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
did you ask them how they set up their airport cards? can you post shhots of your airport card set up and your airport base station set up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
make sure that in system prefs>network on the imac that the airport card is selected as the connection you're using and that its configured correctly.

Reaction score
I also have been wondering if something is wrong with my airport.
I have a macbook with 10.5.5. At home I have an airport express & at work I have a bell canada wireless router.
Some times when I'm at home my computer connects to another unsecured router. When I try to connect to mine "sometimes" it asks for the password, witch already shows up. I hit connect and get a "connection time out" this will go on and on until I unplug and replug the airport express.
Also sometimes when I am connected my computer goes so slow it's stupid witch is fixed by unplugging & replugging the airport unit. I don't think it's the air port because my Iphone works perfectly while this goes on.

At work with the bell router my computer works seamlessly. But my brothers macbook pro 10.5.5 gets kicked off all the time and has to reboot his Wi Fi by shutting the airport off then on. I have never had a problem with my iPhone Wi Fi witch leads me to believe there is a software problem somewhere in 10.5.5 or my brother and I have picked up a bug somewhere.

Is anyone else having this problem or just have an idea about what might be wrong, let me know.

Thanks,
Brad

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is anyone else having this problem or just have an idea about what might be wrong, let me know.

Thanks,
Brad

Do you honestly think anyone is going to try to help you out when you've been hi-jacking the last 5 posts in this forum with the same exact post? :Angry-Tongue:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.