Wierd probelm with burning in Finder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
I just got my iMac G5 everything has been great but sometime when i insert a CD and click the OK button to burn from finder i get a screen that says, "The disc not be used becasue the disc drive is not supported. (Error code 0x80020025)

This thing has a built in MAT****A CD-RW CW-8124.

I have repair permissions and that kinda stuff. Most of the time it "reset" itself if i restart the mac but it kinda annoying.

The weird thig is if i press ignore and then open Toast i can burn from there just fine. Go figure!!

Got any suggestion??

Ir really hope i don't have to send this thing back to apple!! :(

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Wondering here, what brand of media are you using? I have had problem using cheap DVD/CD media. I am now only using Apple, verbatim, imation, fujii or tdk.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
i am using some of the staples brand. I had considered that it could be the CD-r fault. I am going to go and buy some more expensive CD-R later tonight and see if that changes anything.

And i did get it to work this morning when i restarted the computer.

Thanks for the reply

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Try something other than memorx (sp) also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I only use verbatim, its what apple uses, and is fairly inexpensive, 100 cd-r's for $22.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the input! I guess i will go and get some nicer CD-R and see what happens from there. Hopefully that is my problem.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.