Formatting/file storage tips needed (Boot camp related)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini late 2009, OS X 10.6.2
Here's my situation: I'm about to install Boot Camp so I can run a couple of audio editors in Windows xp. The stuff I'm going to edit is - at the moment - on my Mac HD (i.e. in HFS+).

Here's what I planned to do: make an NTFS partition big enough to comfortably accommodate the XP and the software, run Mac Drive (or something similar) to access the wave files I have on my Mac HD and when I'm finished editing, save them on the Mac HD again. Does this sound plausible? Will I run into any problems? Or should I make the NTFS partition big enough to host the wave files I'm going to be editing? This doesn't really appeal to me, but I'm open to suggestions... I appreciate your help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like you have a handle on it and I don't see why it shouldn't work as you expect. However, have you considered using an OS X audio editor instead? There are very good audio editors for OS X which can edit WAV files just as well.

I personally like to use "Audacity" to do editing. It's free and there is a very nice version for OS X. BTW, Audacity is also a good recorder.

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini late 2009, OS X 10.6.2
Thanks chscag. As for using OS X I've tried a number of audio editors in OS X (including Audacity) and none of them have the functions I desire. (This is for raw editing, mind you, not recording, etc. which I'm going to do in OS X.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.