Macbook>Macbook pro- Font problems/OS??

Reaction score
Hi,
For the Love of God, can someone please help me??

Background info: Got a Mac White Book, about a year ago to do my Flash animation work, running Leopard. Things running fine. Snow Leopard came out, so I upgraded the OS. <all **** broke loose> with the upgrade came the realization that Apple decided to screw us graphic artist and change up how the Mac handles fonts - My fonts now had the leading spaces -(Adobe FLASH CS4) vertical spacing for my underlined hotwords<mouse over audio> The text in the rest of the paragraphs seemed unaffected. So, since I have to have a Mac to work, I partitioned my drive and had one for both OS. I reinstalled Leopard to a partition and continued my work as before back in the older OS without having to deal with the font issues created in Snow Leopard. Things were going well, till my MacBook decided to stop working - reference post

Well, as noted in reference post... I got the thing working again with CLAMPS, as crazy as that sounds. But at this point I didn't care-- IT WAS WORKING. Well, now it is 2 months later, and I bought myself a newer mac - now i have Apple MacBook Pro 13.3 in. 2.53ghz 500gb. Honestly, for the last few days... and I was actually thrilled about this. Migration asst. seemed to work great. I tried it out for about a day with just migrating my Leopard partition. Well, I figured, I had Carbon Copy of both partitions on the MacBook, so I just partitioned the new computers' harddrive -half and half, and restored the partitions like i had on the MacBook. I was thrilled to see that go off without a hitch, at least thats what it looked like to me. I had now a partition of Leopard and a partition of Snow Leopard, just as I had on the MacBook. All my programs seemed fine and all my files had been restored.

So, to make a long story, longer...
I went back to work. Last night, I pulled up one of the files I had been working on (on the MacBook Pro - in Leopard Partition) and found that the font issue WAS BACK!! :Shouting: Now it was on the Leopard Partition?? :Oops: Excuse the language here ... but ***??:eek:
I went to bed... feeling totally defeated.

I got up this morning... booted up both machines to wallow in my despair. Still have font spacing problems in the new Mac on Leopard... As I sit and write this, I was thinking, gonna have to go back to the old questionable reliability of the MacBook to continue my work... to pay of the MacBook Pro. I had but one thing left to check... How is my Flash files being handled in Snow Leopard on the MacBook Pro? So I rebooted and loaded the Snow Leopard Partition.

To my utter AMAZEMENT, when I opened the Flash file, all the spacing seemed fine- at least on my older file that I had not updated changed since late January- and not modified on the MacBook Pro. Stupid *** me, thought things were better, so I went and downloaded <fileZilla>the current version of the files from the server where I store them, - these files had been modified (or at least sent to the server via fileZilla on the MacBook Pro, not the MacBook). My utter amazement... disappeared as I pulled up the more current files... (again please excuse the language -***) and the font spacing problem reappeared.

I went back to the MacBook.. checked my files, that all was fine. Uploaded those files to the server. I am now reloading the backup of the Snow Leopard partition to the Pro, to get back to the exact point of which I saw no font issues. Praying to God, that I repeat what happened a few minutes ago and see the file without the font problem - without the updated files.

I don't have a clue what's going on here. Obviously Logic has no place in this discussion... you'd think if it was a OS problem, then keeping and running the "same partition" in the same "OS" things would be "the same". But, after seeing the problem reappear on the Same OS - Different computer... then seeing the problem on the Snow Leopard, not show up on the "same partition" in the same "OS" on a different computer... then loading files to the MacBook pro - from the Leopard OS modified on the MacBook Pro and the font issue reappears?

This CRAZY. I will update this post after I have restored the backup from the MacBook, and see if the font issue once again disappears. I also went back to the MacBook and loaded the modified (more current) files back to the server -instead of the files from the MacBook Pro, to see if that has any affect.

PLEASE ... ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP? MY HEAD IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
That was a long post, just a few questions.

Is it just one font effected or is it universal?

What software do you use to manage fonts (activate and deactivate them)?

Do you ever clean out the font caches using a program like MainMenu?

OP
P
Reaction score
Update

Yea, sorry about the length... just thought I'd try to explain best I could.

I restored the backup of the MacBook - Snow Leapord OS partition. I am back at the point... where at least on the file i loaded into flash .. there is no problem. I am downloading the files - uploaded to server by the MacBook, to see if the problem reappears as it did with the files uploaded from the MacBook Pro.

As far as the questions: I dont know if its universal... at least in the file I'm working on ... it is not. The paragraph text which is the same font, is fine. It seems to affect only the Flash buttons - which I use to have the mouse over effect (word is highlighted -text color change, and audio of the word (word spoken by person - these words are also underlined) - PROBLEM on occurs with these words/ paragraph in which they reside is fine. - I'm going to try and up load a few images to show you what I see - I will update post from MacPro with screenshots, currently writing this on the MacBook...

Screen shot -preMacBookPro.png

pre-MacBOOKPro
please ignore green guide lines..
this is the file restored on the MacBook Pro from the carbon copy partition of Snow Leopard from the White Mac Book.

Screen shot MacBookPro.png

MacBOOKPro -
this is the modified file I loaded from the White MacBook.
changed how the paragraph was on the page, I needed to adjust a bit for the Picture that goes to the right of text. All adjustments where done on the MacBook ... and transferred to the newer computer. The file looks fine on the old MacBook.

Font manager.. is Font Book

As far as Cashes, no, never tried... new to mac's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.