Problem with headphone

Reaction score
Hey all, I have an iPod Touch and a little problem on my hands. I had my headphones connected to my iPod, took it to school and stored it in my locker. Somehow the headphones got smashed or crushed and the headphones broke off, but a little part of the headphone (the part that goes into the little hole) is stuck in there and I can't get it out. I've been trying to ply it out, but since it's small I can't get a good grip of it. Is there anything else I can do? :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Those female headphone inputs are sealed units so dont bother to open up the ipod.

I hope you are very careful and and have a cocktail stick and some glue handy.

Cut the pointed tip off a cocktail stick with a sharp craft knife. Support the ipod so that it is standing upright on your desk or workbench. Apply a small amount of glue to the stick (enough to stick but not so much that it sticks to the stuck jack and the socket)

You could use super glue (sometimes called crazy glue) but you will get a better bond with an epoxy resin like araldite (the kind where you have to mix from 2 tubes)

Once its in place give it plenty of time to dry and then try and pull it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.